Monday, November 10, 2008

Hello Hannover

We left Munich on Tuesday evening so that I could attend the European COMSOL Conference in Hannover (Germany) over the next two days. COMSOL Multiphysics is a finite element software that is used by engineers for modeling of systems with interactions between multiple physical domains (ie fluid motion, heat transfer, mechanical motion, diffusion processes, etc.). At the conference, I attended several keynote speeches and minicourses on how to use the software. I also participated in the poster session. I hope to make use of some of what I learned both in my thesis research at UF and in my tangentially-related research at TU Delft.

While I was at the conference, Laura had two days free to see the city. Hannover isn't much of a tourist destination, but she made due. More on that to come.

No comments: