Thursday, November 20, 2008

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

I LOVE chocolate-chip pumpkin muffins. Right about Halloween time, I realized I wouldn't be getting any chocolate-chip pumpkin muffins this year for several reasons:
  1. I no longer work in the same building as Krisanne (who makes the most wonderful pumpkin muffins)
  2. It is cost and time prohibitive for my mother-in-law to send us baked goods this year
  3. There are no cans of pumpkin pie filling in the grocery stores here
  4. There is no Halloween or Thanksgiving over here, and therefore, none of the requisite pumpkin desserts
  5. I don't have an oven to bake my own muffins in
It was a sad, sad realization.

Today, however, I found a substitute. Mind you, it's not Krisanne's pumpkin muffins! In fact, it's not even pumpkin. But it will have to do.

Today I visited the muffin man, who kindly sold me 6 chocolate, chocolate-chip muffins and 6 gingerbread muffins. When I got home, I halved the muffins and recombined them to make chocolate, chocolate-chip/gingerbread muffins.
Mmmm! Mmmm!

No comments: