Friday, March 13, 2009

LUSH

Flying budget airlines is one of the cheapest and easiest ways to have your cast removed travel around Europe. However, they have the strictest luggage regulations and the fee for checking bags is often more than the tickets. But for € 20 tickets to Ireland, we can make due with only a carry-on.

Except when it comes to the liquid thing. I have very thick hair and lots of it. 100mL of shampoo is not going to last more than two showers, and Europeans stores haven't caught on to travel size toiletries yet.
Thankfully my mom gave me some shampoo bars from Lush for my birthday. They are WONDERFUL! AMAZING! They produce more suds than regular shampoo and leave your hair smelling fantastic. Currently I am using Christmas scented ones, but who doesn't want their hair smelling like cinnamon and vanilla? It is little bit of luxury in hostel shower - totally worth the price tag.

They even have new varieties with built in conditioners - I think I am going to have to pick up a few in Dublin this weekend. Maybe I will get a bath bomb - oh yeah, no bath tub. Nothing even close...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Over from SITS.

I've never heard of shampoo bars, but they sound awesome. No leaky shampoo when traveling!

I spent two summers in Europe and had the best time traveling and seeing all the sights.

Enjoy and keep posting! I love hearing about other people's adventures!

Aunt Spicy said...

Errands:
1. Dry Cleaning
2. Lush - Shampoo bars

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd say hi! I love reading your blog. . . I showed this post to my boyfriend because he is getting ready to backpack through Europe. Hope all is well! :)

Sara said...

Hi, Laura! Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I am so jealous you get to live over there and travel. I spent a month traveling in Europe in 2002 and have never had a better vacation.
We were looking at my husband's pics from Austria and Germany last night and I told him I am definitely going with him next time!