Saturday, February 28, 2009

Marike Jager in Den Haag

While Laura's mom was visiting in January, she was interested in taking home a CD from the Dutch music scene. We popped into a music store and all really liked the first CD the store clerk suggested, "Cecilia Trigger," by a Dutch artist named Marike Jager. Both Marike herself and her album have since been nominated for an Edison Award, which is like a Dutch Grammy. Laura and I decided to go see her play at Paard von Troje in nearby Den Haag (The Hague) on Thursday. The venue was nice and the show was a lot of fun.

Also, because I know you're wondering: many/most Dutch music artists actually sing in English. So, although we had very little idea what she was saying when she spoke to the crowd in Dutch between songs, we could definitely enjoy her English lyrics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marike says 'HI'! Sorry about my Dutch, didn't expect an international crowd. I bumped into your blog, makes me smile. Thanx, M