Sunday, February 1, 2009

Lovely Leuven...Seriously

In a country known for chocolate, that has over 300 micro-brews, and considers waffles acceptable food for three meals a day plus snacks, it is impossible to have a bad visit. We made sure we experienced all three during our visit:

Chocolate

We snuck Galler's chocolate bars into the movie theater - way better than over-priced M&Ms. The dark chocolate with Grand Marnier filling is to die for and the milk chocolate with sweet coffee filling is absolutely delish! (Sorry about the lack of chocolate photos, but we didn't think it was wise to call attention to the fact we were sneaking food into the movie theater.)

Beer
We visited the Domus Restaurant and Brewery, where we sampled all three of their brews: Con Domus, Nostra Domus, and their special winter brew - Engel. My favorite was the Nostra Domus - a dark beer with a light flavor; the Con Domus was too bitter for me.

Waffles
Forget a sandwich for lunch, I enjoyed a Belgian waffle with warm cherries and a side of whip cream. My pants are thankful we aren't living the land of endless waffles.

6 comments:

Aunt Spicy said...

Oh, that looks yummy! I have had so much fun reading your blog! Delft is one of my favorite cites...oh Amsterdam is fabulous, but I truly fell in love with Delft. What great adventures you are having!

Leslie said...

Congrats on being a Saucy Blog!

- Leslie, a SITSta

LORI said...

THE WAFFLE LOOKS FABULOUS, ALTHOUGH NOT SERVED WITH THE BEER! HEE HEE! THANKS FOR STOPPING BY MY BLOG!

joanofalltrades said...

I think I could eat waffles any time of the day, especially those. They look really yummy! Thanks for stopping by my blog saucy SITSTA!

Hccm said...

The food looks wonderful!

Happy SITS Day!

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Anonymous said...

That waffle looks SO amazing! Congrats on being Saucy! Hope you're having a wonderful week!