Sunday, July 26, 2009

Fietstocht naar de Hoek van Holland

Tired of being cooped up in front of my computer all the time, I decided to take advantage of the nice weather today and bike down to het Hoek van Holland (the Hook of Holland). It was a very nice ride that involved considerable improvisational skills since I promptly lost my map after arriving at the destination. Along the way I saw the usual farmland, cows, and windmills, but also got to see some key parts of the Delta Project, the massive public works that keep the Netherlands dry. More on that in the next post. For now, simply enjoy all 42 miles of my route (complete with some commentary) below. (The start/end is at the far right and the initial route was to the southwest.)


View Hoek van Holland Bike Trip in a larger map

No comments: