Monday, January 19, 2009

And on to Paris

I loved Paris the first time; the second time it stole my heart.

We started our trip to Paris with stairs (and a crepe) and I am sure we ended it with stairs.We climbed the hill to Montmartre and the Sacre-Coeur - the church on the top of the hill that can be seen from every other vantage point in Paris. The closest Matt and I came to church was the view from the top of the Notre Dame, so I knew it must be my first stop the next time I was in Paris.
















The church was nice, but the view was what made the climb worth the countless stairs.
Next we were bombarded with quick-sketch artists on the way to place du Terte - the old stomping grounds of Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec. Today the square is filled with artists painting countless versions and copies of famous Paris landmarks.
I guess we would have to wait for the "real" art until tomorrow.

1 comment:

B.Dobs said...

Mmm mmm mmm, that crepe looks good! Crepes are/were my favorite thing about Paris!